Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Settled

Well, I'm just getting settled here in Orlando. There's a lot to be done and not much to be done all at the same time. Which sounds wierd, but as hectic as it has been getting everything sorted out and learning my way around a new city and not knowing anything and being uncomfortable, it's actually less hectic than life at home. I have so much to do all the time at home, there's not a moment that isn't full of something. Here I get to build my life from the ground up again. I love it. And I really don't mind being uncomfortable. I like change. I guess if I didn't like being uncomfortable I probably never would have done a triathlon. So anyway, the moral of the story is that I'm back in the gym, and trying to balance it with work, school, and getting to know the parks. Since that's a big part of my job I've been going to the parks a lot trying to get to know them all!! I have a perfect sized pool for swim training which is awesome and once it gets hot that'll probably be my favorite option. There's great areas to run and the gym also has a treadmill. All I'm really missing is a bike. I was really hoping the gym would at least have a stationary bike so I could at least do that but alas, it does not. But I think that the gym in the other complex has one so I'll maybe start running over there and using that machine and then running back. So that should be a good start to getting back into tri shape. I'm hoping that T can make it down here in may for the Disney tri and we can race together. That'd be amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment