Sunday, June 21, 2009

T-Day

Raced in the Elk Lake New Balance Tri this morning. Had to work saturday night so was entirely NOT well rested. The lake was warm, which was great since I prefer not to wear a wetsuit. My sugoi velocity tri shorts performed admirably, as per usual. They dry so fast, it's amazing. My swim went much better this time, and I improved my swim time by appx 3 mins, which is huge. Overall I beat my last time by appx 8 mins, so I'm completely thrilled! During the last stretch of the run it began to rain which was actually quite refreshing...until I stopped running. All in all a great race. I definately need more open water swim training before the next race, although I'm much more comfortable than last time. I didn't even mind getting kicked a few times....which totally freaked me out last race....more later....sleep now....

No comments:

Post a Comment